Mid-Century Modern Home in Edgemont Village
3144 Fairmont Rd, North Vancouver$2,688,000 Edgemont House/Single Family Residential Detached Rancher/Bungalow w/Bsmt. Featured Sold VIRTUAL TOUR Virtual Tour
This is an amazing home for the price. Every aspect of this mid-century home has been lovingly updated by the current owners and offers exactly what you're looking for in your next home. Sitting on a
3144 Fairmont Rd, North Vancouver
- Postal Code: V7R 2W6
- MLS® Number: R2698868
- Listed By: Team 3000 Realty
- Year Built: 1950
- Size: 3,139 Sq ft
- Frontage Size: 95
- Depth Size: 141
- Style: Rancher with Basement
- Lot Size: 15,500
- Lot Dimension: 95,141
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 3
- Parking: 4
- Tax: $10,371
- Tax Year: 2021
This is an amazing home for the price. Every aspect of this mid-century home has been lovingly updated by the current owners and offers exactly what you’re looking for in your next home. Sitting on a parklike property, Fairmont Road is an ideal location for your family. The fully renovated home offers an expansive open plan. Approach the home from the courtyard and enter a spacious foyer that offers lots of space green drinks and family. The gourmet kitchen is gorgeous with gleaming white cabinets, miles of Quartz counter tops, a breakfast bar and a Bosch appliance suite. The open dining area is large enough to entertain large groups and the sunken living room hosts a cozy gas fireplace, vintage parquet floors, a tray ceiling & access to the back deck. The entire Southwest side of the home features landscape windows that overlook the backyard and green space. Also on the main is the large master bedroom which hosts a gas fireplace, loads of storage and a full ensuite. An additional two bedrooms finish off the main floor. The secluded home office is downstairs along with the utilities room. There’s a spacious & bright two bedroom suite with views to the garden.The full registered suite makes a great mortgage helper or a in-law accommodation and can be shrunk down to a one bedroom or completely absorbed back into the main house. Located steps from Edgemont Village, schools, parks and recreation this is one of the best locations on the North Shore.
- Roof was replaced in 2012, and minor problems were fixed in 2016.
- High, tray ceilings in living room.
- Huge picture windows overlook the parklike setting.
- Walking distance to elementary school, community centre and shopping.
- Close to walking & hiking trails.
- Across the street from a small playground and park
- 15,500 square foot lot.
- A lot of level yard for kids.
- Level driveway.
- $420 k+ spent on renovations in 2016, done by a high-end builder, with all permits.
- Structural changes were designed by a structural engineer.
- Home stripped to the studs during the renovation.
- In-floor radiant heating in two upstairs bathrooms.
- Hydronic baseboard heating throughout house
- quiet Viessmann high-end boiler
- quiet radiators
- dust and allergen free
- 8 temperature zones (5 up, 3 down)
- Extremely even heating
- Low maintenance
- Large 50-gallon indirect hot water tank
- One appliance heats both air (radiators) and water
- High-efficiency Valor radiant-heat gas fireplace insert (2017)
- HRV system for fresh air exchange.
- All new PEX plumbing (no original plumbing remains in house).
- All new 200 A electrical service including new breaker panel and sub-panel.
- House is wired for Ethernet up and down.
- All new perimeter drainage.
- Insulated floors in the basement for improved warmth.
- Extra sound insulation between suite and upstairs.
- All double-pane windows.
- Waterproof, super-durable luxury vinyl plank flooring up and down.
- Torlys EverWood (high-end LVP) upstairs and in office: cork layer for warmth, quietness, and comfort.
- Designer kitchen up:
- Integrated 84” fridge
- Induction cooktop
- Standard oven, plus speed oven (convection & microwave combo)
- All Bosch appliances
- Huge island
- 3 cm Vicostone quartz countertops with waterfall end
- LG washers & dryers up and down.
- 2 bedroom legal suite.
- All asbestos removed, with paperwork.
- All LED lighting up and down.
- New gutters.